reflections on music, politics, life, scenes and dreams

Friday, May 19, 2006

i wish i had something to write

blocked... perhaps with my early morning tomorrow i'll barge in on a juicy dream that'll be bloggable. for now, though, just contemplating a compilation and working my way westward...

vagueries aside, maybe i should take princess up on her offer of the subject that starts with a letter... let's just do it... sorry i didn't take the letter through the proper channels, but i was going to wait until i was able to do it, and now i'm too inspired(?) to wait for the proper channels to be gone through. meh. so the letter is (blindly stabbing at the keyboard): s

santa: myth, christianity, childhood wonder. i don't have kids, but like to think i wouldn't lie to them... but the societal pressure is there. hell, i know an agnostic ex-jew who partakes in the santa myth with her daughter. i just remember finding out and feeling lied to... by my mother, my teachers, my brothers... that sucked.

strings: my guitars are making me quite irate... the twelve-string: buzzing here, sounding awful there, and apparently warping thanks to... something. the classical: re-strung less than two months ago and i've had to jerry-rig two strings that broke at the bridge. don't know about the other guitar--it's with me brother (considering my recent experiences, it's probably for the better).

sinuses: what can i say, this spring has been a peach. speaking of which, and keeping with the theme, the super salty saline spray sorta sucks. but it is somewhat effective.

songs: what can i say, music rocks my world. coulda shoulda woulda, but don't. gotta stop listening to people who disagree with my heart.

second chance: gonna make the same mistake twice, or try, try again? i think, try, try again, with the opportunity to make some magnificent new mistakes. is what i think. you know, i have learned from the past, but it wasn't all wrong. i want what was right back. i can get it back, but i know it won't be easy. so much uncertainty, but what have i got to lose by trying? a disquieting comfort. a comfort bought with my soul. it's done, it's over, goodbye, good luck, and thanks for all the fish...

scatterbrain: somewhere i'm a ... scatterbrain--radiohead

spectacles: beglassed for three plus years. it is what it is...

smack: heroin or dat ass... i think i prefer the latter!

peas.

3 Comments:

Blogger princess slea said...

so long...so long....so long so long. so long....so long............and thanks for all the *fish*

I thought the most recent Hithchikers movie was pretty good but my favorite part was the dolphins singing at the beginning.

If you had kids you would understand why so many of us "trick" our kids with the Santa myth. It's to get them to behave. I remember when my brother told me "the truth" and I was pissed at him for letting me in on the secret. Once we "knew" then NO MORE gifts from Santa and he gave the best gifts.

12:35 PM

 
Blogger leomange said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:58 PM

 
Blogger leomange said...

oh yeah, "he knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake". i forget that every child isn't the little angel that i imagine i always was...

heh

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home