reflections on music, politics, life, scenes and dreams

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Leomange in Denver, Part 2 (reacquaintance and recovery)

Helskel hosted a party at his place. I saw many of my old friends and met H's apostrophe, Val. By the end of the night, I broke my vow of avoiding the shots, but the two-fisted drinking (i.e., a water back all night long) persisted, making the following morning not so bad.

Not that I was bright-eyed or anything else that would follow a sober night and a good night's sleep, but it could've been much worse.

I had Watercourse again, this time for breakfast (tried the Mercury Cafe, but they were closed). Four words: Banana Bread French Toast. Butler had something with sweet potato home fries (mixed with feta and olives and capers). As expensive as the place now seems, it's worth it. O. M. G.

Tone gave me a CD of his band, The Anti-Glacier Movement, playing at the Larimer Lounge a couple of weeks back. They are worth checking out (you can find them on MySpace). My neighbors in Portland will soon be hearing them heavily in my rotation.

Then I rode up to Winter Park where Butler has lived for the past 4 days (and where I'm writing from right now). Colorado is a lot greener than I remember, but still less than I'm used to. I hear they've been getting more of the semi-arid part of the semi-arid desert description that this part of the country is known for.

I think I'm mostly re-acclimated to this climate/altitude. I'm getting winded in Winter Park (8-9,000 ft), but that should make it easier when I return to a mile high this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home